El jueves 15 de octubre, expertos han presentado información disponible sobre el flujo de material de mercurio, centrándose en el flujo de desechos. Consulte el calendario de Minamata Online para ver otros eventos próximos.
On 15 October, Minamata Online held an information session on mercury material flow focusing on waste stream. Presentations included the approaches taken in understanding national mercury flow in waste stream and available knowledge from waste management sector. There was a panel discussion on how to improve the knowledge on mercury material flow in waste stream.
This session was part of the “mercury science” stream, the second event after the 29 September “Supply, demand and trade” webinar.
The event saw a virtual attendance of 102 participants and counted with the following panelists:
- Misuzu Asari, Associate Professor, Kyoto University
- Qingru Wu, Professor, Tsinghua University
- Gabriela Medina, Director, Basel Convention Coordinating Centre, Stockholm Convention Regional Centre, for LatinAmerica and the Caribbean, Uruguay
- Alexander Romanov, Deputy Director,Scientific Research Institute for atmospheric air protection (SRI Atmosphere JSC)
- Melissa Barbanell, Barbanell Environmental Law & Consulting on behalf of the International Council on Mining and Metals
- Eisaku Toda, Senior Programme Officer, Minamata Convention on Mercury
This weekly digital series, aimed at better understanding the Convention's provisions, as well as policy and scientific aspects, will be held weekly until December. Attendance is free for each session and registrations for the October events are open. More information about Minamata Online, the season’s calendar and registration details can be found here.