On 15 September, Minamata Online held an invitation-only session where identified experts gathered digitally to contribute to the monitoring guidance for effectiveness evaluation, under the COP-4 preparation stream. The webinar introduced the roadmap for developing monitoring guidance, its background information and draft annotated outline, and it shared expectations for the experts contributing to the drafting.
The event saw a virtual attendance of 65 participants and counted with the following panelists:
- Monika Stankiewicz, Executive Secretary, Minamata Convention on Mercury
- Garth Martin, Brewill Supplies and Consulting, South Africa
- Dave Evers, Biodiversity Research Institute
- Nil Basu, McGill University
- Claudia ten Have, Senior Policy Coordination Officer, Minamata Convention on Mercury
- Eisaku Toda, Senior Programme Officer, Minamata Convention on Mercury